Sunday, June 3, 2012

God only knows

 Maryknoll

I had the pleasure of last weekend spending Friday night at the Maryknoll house in Chicago :). I have been waiting for this day for months and it finally came. I was so excited I love this order more than words can describe. But I couldn't sleep the night before, well anyways we left around 1pm to head to Chicago and boy was the traffic terrible, but it was holiday weekend. Well we decided to get off the expressway because we weren't moving at all. We got there around 6pm and was happy to finally meet Sr. Janet :) I have been emailing her back and forth for almost a year.  The weekend was more than I could ask for. When we had arrived Friday night Sr. Janet, Traci and had to walk to go pick someone from the train station. When we got back to the house Sr. Janet made dinner, while Traci, Cecelia and I talk (Cecelia is Lay Missioner) While we ate we did alot of talking and then after dinner Traci and I did some exploring looking at pictures. My one favorite picture was one of the last supper but it had the 12 apostles, women and children. Well anyways later that night Traci and I got to talk to Sr. Janet and hear about some of her experiences. After talking for awhile we all decided it was time to go to bed. Well Traci and I decided to get up around 7:30am because Fr. Jim would be arriving about 9pm and we wanted to be showered and ready for the day when he came. When I met Fr. Jim I could see his love for Christ and his compassion for people. After breakfast Traci and I took a walk it was a cool day. When we got back it was time to start this amazing day. We started out with telling everyone about ourselves.... Then the day went on learning about Maryknoll as a whole, which means ou learning about so much stuff. It was alot to take in, I'm still trying to take it all in. But I really didn't want to leave I can see myself living there. Well then it was time to leave :( but i want to visit again :)




These are pictures from my stay in Chicago :)

Sometimes I wonder if this is the order for me, but I'm gonna continue to pray and trust in God he truely is the only one who knows


God Bless,

Joan 

No comments: