Friday, March 16, 2012

What do I want in a Order

Well it's been awhile since I last blogged and some things have been brought up  by my SD and got me to thinking. The questions that came up.....What if this  isn't the order for you? What do you want in an order? Also what do I not want in an Order?

The question about what if this isn't the order for me? Well if Maryknoll isn't the order for, if it's not the order for me, I would look at different orders. But i truely believe that this is the order for, no other order makes my heart as happy as Maryknoll. But I'm still praying to God that he will direct me to the right order.

What I want in an order?

Mission Work

Dominican

Travel out of the States

Helping the poor

living with the poor

Belonging to an that is like a family

To learn Spanish or different Language 

Helping people

What I don't want in an Order?

To be bare foot all the time

Cloistered Order

Praying all day eveeryday

Wearing Black all the time

This list is on going because sometimes things do change. But one this I'm still unsure about if I want to wear a habit or not. But so far my discerning process is going great. I'm going on my first day of discernment March 26 so please pray for me :) but I can't wait :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should check out the Daughters of Charity of St Vincent de Paul too. They seem to fit a lot of your criteria (except being Dominican)